Thursday, March 21, 2013

Potato Rice Recipe



Potato Rice Recipe




This is not a post for people who are very particular about dieting. I have never seen a person hating potatoes and am one among them. I always have a love towards potatoes especially when it is fried Yummm yummm...




This recipe has a short story. Yes!!! When I was in my college days, one of my fren used to bring this for her lunch and no doubt on dat day we used to exchange the boxes. One day I cald up her mom asking for the recipe and wrote it to my mom and started pestering her to make for me atleast a week. Now I wanted to share that recipe in my blog and I wanna thank gayathri’s amma for this recipe. 




Ingredients

1 Cup of cooked rice
3-4 potatoes
1tsp chilli powder
1tsp coriander powder/dhaniya powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala
1tbsp chopped garlic
Oil
Salt
Coriander leaves/cilantro (to garnish)
 

To temper

1tsp mustard
1tsp cumin seeds
Pinch of hing/Asafoetida

Curry leaves (optional)



 



Method

  • In a pan heat oil and temper the items given.
  • Remove the outer skin of potatoes and chop it into small cubes. Add the potato cubes and chopped garlic. Fry for 2-3 mins.
  • Add chilli,coriander,cumin,turmeric powders and mix well. Cook for about 3-5mins.



  • Now add salt and garam masala. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
  • Add the cooked rice with this masala. Garnish with coriander leaves.
  • Serve with vadam/appalam. 
Notes:
  1. If u don't want to use garlic, u can skip adding it. Add extra hing instead of garlic.
Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event 


No comments:

Post a Comment