Thursday, February 28, 2013

P3 Pulao- Sri's recipe



 P3 Pulao- Sri's recipe 



I started to cook from my college days itself.  It’s all because of my frenz who inspired me in cooking, there I started to cook and now it is helping me alot after marriage. Here I must mention her name, Srividhya (Since she asked to do so :P) hmmm yeah the source of this recipe is from her and I have modified it a little bit to accompany my flavoring.  This is one of the easiest lunch box recipes and it is worth to have for a lunch. 





Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes



Ingredients

2 Cups of Basmathi rice
1/2 Cup Paneer Cubes
1/4 Cup Green peas
1/4 Cup chopped Mushrooms
Few Mint leaves
3-4 Green chillies (adjust to taste)
5-6 Cashew nuts (optional)
1 Onion
Salt
Oil

To temper

1 Clove
1 Cinnamon
1 Cardamom
1 Bayleaf (optional)




How I made It

  • Soak rice in 3 cups of water for 10 minutes.
  • Cut Paneer into small cubes and fry in a pan with little of oil. Keep aside.

  • Make a smooth paste of Mint leaves, Green chillies, Ginger and garlic, Cashews in a mixie.
  • In a pan heat oil and temper the items given.
  • Fry onions for sometimes with little of salt. Once it is done add the smooth paste of mint.
  • Fry till the raw smell goes off.

  • Now add the fried paneer cubes, green peas and mushrooms. Check for salt at this time.
  • Add the soaked rice without water and fry for 1-2 minutes. This helps the rice to maintain the texture.

  • Finally add water and cook for about 1-2 whistles.



PS: I forgot to mention the reason for naming this as P3. Since it includes Paneer, Peas,Pudhina (mint) i named it as P3 :D

Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event 



No comments:

Post a Comment